Overview: The Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions II (EAGLE II) is a Multiple Award, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide information technology (IT) solutions through performance of a wide range of support services.
Futron holds a Functional Category 1 Award for Service Delivery (including Integration, Software Design/Development, and Operations and Maintenance).
Contract Type: IDIQ
Sponsor: Department of Homeland Security
Contract Types Supported: Firm Fixed Price, Time and Materials and Labor Hour
Period of Performance: Five (5) year base period and one (1) two-year option period
Contract Number: HSHQDC-14-D-E2055
Government site: http://www.dhs.gov/eagle-ii/
All task orders received by Futron under this contract: Please refer to the DHS EAGLE II website.
Three years of experience providing professional support services
Futron Incorporated has over 20 years of experience serving customers like the DHS around the world. We’ve managed large-scale IDIQ, GWAC, BPA, and MACC contracts including GSA’s Alliant Small Business, GSA’s Connections II, U.S. Army Southwest Asia Telecommunications BPA, Schedules 70, 84, 56, and 03FAC, GSA National Information Technology Commodity Program Video Teleconferencing Blank Purchase Agreement, DOJ Physical Security BPA, USACE IDIQ for Southern Afghanistan, State Department Worldwide Design/Build IDIQ, USACE IDIQ for Iraq, Defense Information Systems Agency Telecommunications BPA, State Department National Capital Region IDIQ, and Navy Seaport-e.
Below are a few examples of our professional support service experience across the three main areas of EAGLE II FC1 below. Please also see additional information regarding our professional services offerings.
System Design, Development, Implementation and Integration
- Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO), Information Technology Services throughout Afghanistan: We are currently providing 24×7 Information Technology support for the DoD Task Force for Business and Stability Operations (TFBSO) in Kabul, Herat, Mazar Sharif, Camp Morehead and Kandahar, Afghanistan. Futron helps ensure that TFBSO’s access to DoD Enterprise networks and services, commercial internet connectivity, and mobile networks are maintained.
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Voice System Design, Installation, and Management, across the United States: Over the past ten years Futron Incorporated has supported the Veterans Administration’s mission-critical voice needs by installing more than 30 voice systems featuring PBX, voicemail, and VoIP solutions in various VA facilities around the country. Over the past three years, Futron has delivered and managed the VA Pittsburgh Voice Solutions consisting of three primary VoIP enabled PBXs.
- As the major prime contractor, Futron completed US Coast Guard Standard Workstation III contract ahead of schedule and under budget. For this accomplishment, Futron along with the US Coast Guard shared an award from the Secretary of Transportation for completing one of the largest IT projects at that time.
Software Design and Development
- USDA/FEDSIM Commodity Market Information System (CMIS): The World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB) serves as USDA’s epicenter for economic intelligence and the commodity outlook for domestic and global agriculture. The WAOB coordinates, reviews, and approves the monthly World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) report and coordinates the USDA’s Agricultural Outlook Forum. WAOB previously relied on a legacy World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE) database system to produce the monthly WASDE report, which was not only functionally incomplete but also unstable and had a significant risk of failure during production of the monthly report.After a failed attempt by The WAOB to have a large government contractor develop the Commodity Market Information System (CMIS), WAOB turned to GSA FEDSIM for technical guidance and assistance. With recommendations from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Futron was selected by GSA FEDSIM to develop the CMIS System for the USDA. Futron developed the CMIS system with the performance objectives of improving the monthly WASDE report generation process for WAOB and to provide a centralized USDA portal for all commodity publications and data to USDA’s customers and the public.
- U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM), Enterprise Information Technology Services, Across the United States, Germany, Qatar: In partnership with L3 Communications under the EITC and SITEC Contracts, Futron provides more than 25 staff members to support SOCOM IT services at four bases around the United States and overseas in Qatar and Germany. Futron’s personnel provide web/software development, infrastructure, voice, video, configuration management, and help desk services.
- U.S. Air Force Ontology, Metadata: Futron supports the development of standardized information structures for the U.S. Air Force Recruiting, Training, and Education (RT&E) COI that are consistent with DoD/Air Force/AETC requirements and standards. This has included participation in and support for defining domain vocabularies and related artifacts needed to define, document, implement, and employ the vocabularies, to include identifying those data elements that need to be given an authoritative data source status and those data elements that will directly be supported in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment.
Operations and Maintenance
- Social Security Administration, Lifecycle Network Solutions and Management, across the United States, Caribbean, and Pacific Rim: Futron provides total lifecycle solutions to the SSA for its national video teleconferencing network for over 2,000 endpoints . Our services include installation, maintenance, on-site support, and help desk services for SSA’s entire network.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Help Desk and Database Support, across the United States: NOAA’s Ocean Survey Development Agency is digitizing wave models and other historical databases for coastal erosion study and analysis. Futron provides support for this initiative by supplying NOAA with highly qualified UNIX administrators and oceanographic wave modelers. This contract includes comprehensive help desk support.
- U.S. Air Force, Design and Installation of Structured Cabling Solutions at Wright Patterson Air Force Base: Wright Patterson Air Force Base chose Futron to provide installation of structured cabling solutions under the $25 million dollar Fiber Optic Cabling Infrastructure Services (FOCIS) contract. Futron provided installation of copper and fiber cabling infrastructures along with indoor and outside plant applications. Futron engineered and installed fiber-optic backbone (288 strands) across the base. In all, we installed more than a mile and a half of fiber optic cabling.
- Department of Labor, Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), TelePresence Solution Deployment and Support in West Virginia, Kentucky, Colorado, Utah, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Virginia: Futron has designed and implemented a TelePresence solution to improve communication between MSHA headquarters, district and field offices, mine emergency response command centers, and the MSHA Mine Academy. Our TelePresence solution creates a live, face-to-face high-definition communication experience over the network that empowers MSHA to provide training to its employees and collaborate with other entities.
Futron’s Quality Assurance Program: Our unique Quality Management System (QMS), based on industry best practices and certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001:2015), ensures effective coordination of all EAGLE II activities resulting in a viable, cohesive, and cost effective program that integrates within and across DHS activities.