MUST HAVE AT LEAST AN ACTIVE SECRET DoD FEDERAL CLEARANCE!
The Lead Systems Integration Technician (LSIT) will provide install support of the field systems integration. Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools. Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. This includes, but is not limited to; ensuring the team has access to appropriate tools and training to perform efficiently, safely, and successfully; executing department and company policy, process, and procedure; assessing and implementing process and standards improvements to achieve team, department, and company goals.
- This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
- Secret Security Clearance and the ability to be cleared Top Secret.
- US Citizens; Non-Felons
- Ability to pass a limited federal background investigation
Principles, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for oversight of field personnel and tasking when on a job site.
- Responsible for physical installation; device configuration including, but not limited to, audio DSP, AVoIP, digital matrices, and video processors; loading control system code; and system testing.
- Responsible for evaluation and application of integration quality standards, best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Participate in assessments of core integration materials and suppliers.
- Participate in or lead post-project reviews.
- Evaluate sub-contractor capabilities and performance.
- Drafting updates of system integration documentation including wiring diagrams and finals bills of materials to As-Built status.
- Maintain regular communication with the Systems Integration Manager on project and team issues or concerns and quality control.
- As needed, perform site-surveys, analyze customer procurement documentation, and conduct AV needs-analysis meetings with customers.
- As needed, provide technical walkthroughs with customers at end of implementations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Audiovisual systems integration.
- Knowledge of basic Project Management practices.
- Knowledge of basic data networking principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of basic to advanced secure system design practices for multi-domain government and commercial clients.
- Knowledge of best practices in the implementation of audiovisual systems for government and commercial clients.
- Knowledge of Systems Integration best practices and standards (i.e. cabling, labeling, device installation, signal separation. etc.)
- Experience with various audiovisual technologies including, but not limited to; Direct View LED video walls, edge-blended rear and front projection systems, and geometric mapping projection systems; discussion and interpretation systems, multi-zone distributed loudspeakers, voice-lift and mix-minus audio systems; audio and video teleconferencing endpoints and infrastructure; enterprise networked control systems; multi-system monitoring, management, and reporting; AVoIP and other digital audiovisual signal transport.
- Able to organize and task onsite internal field resources and subcontractors on multi-system projects.
- Able to understand architectural and engineering drawings and schematics.
- Able to effectively capture, analyze, and clarify customer needs through verbal and written methods.
- Able to ascertain customer needs by eliciting information through various means of communication.
- Able to manage time, focus, and efficiently multi-task with fluid deadlines.
- Able to recognize, analyze, and solve technical problems through critical and strategic thinking.
- Detail oriented, thorough, and organized with sound judgement and decision-making.
- Able to develop and maintain working relationships with customers, co-workers, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision, effectively collaborate within a team, take direction, and execute company mission and initiatives.
- Knowledge of Advanced Secure System Design Practices for multi-domain government environments.
- Able to negotiate and resolve conflicts with positive outcomes.
- Skill in cable terminations (e.g. RJ45, Captive Screw, XLR, RCA)
- Skill in fiber optic cable terminations (e.g. LC, SC, ST) and testing.
- Skill in pulling copper and fiber cabling through conduit, raceway, free run.
- Skill in mounting various display systems including, but not limited to, flat panels, front projection, rear projection, LCD video walls, and LED video walls.
- Skill with cable management and signal separation in an equipment rack.
- Skill with cable management in ceiling.
- Skill in loading control system code (e.g. Crestron, AMX).
- Skill in Audio DSP configuration including, but not limited to; leveling and routing; file building; EQ/filtering; logic and control; and system tuning.
- Working knowledge of AMX/Crestron source code development process for small to medium size systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of AVIXA and AQAV AV9000 performance and quality standards is beneficial.
- Skill in drafting formal written standard operating procedures and processes is beneficial.
- Ability to manage sub-contractor capabilities and performance is beneficial.
- Ability to communicate and assess vendor capabilities and performance is beneficial.
- Ability to train and develop junior personnel is beneficial.
Education & Certification:
- BS/BA or equivalent education & experience.
- AVIXA CTS-1 certification
- Crestron DMC-D-4K certification.
- AMX HCCA-Design Level 1 certification
- Biamp Tesira and QSC Q-SYS Level 1 certifications and training.
- COMPTIA Security+ certification.
- COMPTIA Network+ and A+ certifications preferred.
- Other Crestron and/or AMX trainings and certifications are beneficial.
- Knowledge, understanding, and skill in reading and writing the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and management.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers and employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and skill in basic arithmetic.
Software Proficiency Desired:
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Competency with Microsoft Visio is beneficial.
- Adobe Reader or Bluebeam Revu
- Biamp Tesira or QSC Q-SYS designer.
- Microsoft SharePoint is beneficial.
- Crestron and AMX Software beneficial.
Requires the Ability to Operate Equipment such as but not limited to:
- Equipment used on Jobs
- Office equipment
- Fax Machine
- Cell Phone
- Broadband Internet access including router and LAN
- This position may require CONUS and OCONUS travel up to 40% of the time, typically in 1-2 week stretches. On occasion, travel of 3 weeks may be necessary to support installs on larger projects.
- Primarily business and finished office environments with occasional visits to unfinished construction sites.
- Must be able to handle criticism and remain calm and effective in highly stressful situations.
- Requires persistence in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Requires standing and sitting for periods of time for installation and computer related work. May require lifting of heavy boxes for shipping and receiving or materials delivery.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Futron Incorporated is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.